Thursday, December 4, 2008

FOR NANNY.......



It's hard to believe she's really gone. I recieved the call last night that my grandmother had passed away. To know her was to love her, everyone who knew her was a better person for it. She had the amazing capability to see people for who they truly were and would shower you with hugs and kisses the minute you walked through her door.

Though it was hard to leave family and friends in Utah I was blessed to spend this last year with her in washington. I will miss our lunch dates to Taco Bell (her favorite) and getting our nails done. Listening to her stories about her life and how she wished her body could've lasted as long as her mind. She did tell me that "the good angels could have their wings, this little rebel was going to walk everywhere!" (thats our Nan) The piece of advice I will take with me is "be happy Terra Marie, "be happy" life is too short for grudges or anger." Thanks to her I've had a lot of "Happy" and I know there's more to come.

I also want tell my mother how much I appreciate her love and example. From daughter to mother you gave her the very best!

9 comments:

Payne Family said...

Terra-
I know what you mean. I just can't believe I won't see her again :( But I am so thankful that we were able to say goodbye and spend time with her. It was perfect. I know that your leaving Utah probably had alot to do with Nanny needing you at this time. But now, that she is gone you really don't have any reason not to move back! Love you guys!
JEn

"ECHO" said...

I'm sorry you lost your Grandma. I know how much fun you had with her when you took her out. I will miss your pretty nails. :) I'm happy you had a chance to see her before she passed.
And yes you do have reason to stay here in Washington! Me, of course!
;)

Val and Dan said...

SO sorry to hear that Terra. How great that you got to spend these years living close to her and making such great memories that you will always have to cherish.

My Picture blog! said...

Hi Terra,

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

And don't listen to Jen. You have to stay here in Washington. It's the best state ever! Besides, when people move to Utah, they become "Utarded".(Bad joke, I know)
And we still need to get together and have an "old married ladies night out"! Woohoo!

Angela

Mindy Widdowson said...

I love what you wrote Terra. I love you so much! I loved every minute in California! You are an amazing granddaughter and your Nanny will cherish that song you sang to her forever. You really do have such a sweet and pure voice.
I love you Ter.
Mind'

Mindy Widdowson said...

Oh and BTW...nice recovery on your blog. Sorry for the confusion. hehehe
Seriously though...that was Jen's fault.
Love,
Mind'

hillarie said...

I'm so sorry about Nanny, Terra. I can't imagine a family gathering without her "now who's this?" almost feeling me up and hugging me already even though she couldn't see me well enough to know for sure.
What a sweetie.

Jeremy Saunders said...

Isn't it great that families are forever. What a great example you had, and it shows she rubbed off on you. She sounds a lot like you, or vice versa? You are in my thoughts.
mimi
ps that pic with santa is priceless, as well as the one gnawing on the cardboard!

gramma said...

Terra - What a beautiful tribute to your Nanny. We too lost my dad in August and it just does not seem right yet. We do have beautiful pictures and videos of him playing the harmonica with Jamie's little girl Macie. He will be missed but know that we will see him again. God's blessings to all of your family. Dianne Barnhart