Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A NAME AND A BLESSING



THIS LAST SUNDAY WAS FILLED WITH EMTION AS DAVID BLESSED OUR BABY BOY. I KNOW I'M BIASED BUT IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BLESSINGS I'VE EVER HEARD. FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT MISSED IT I RECORDED IT FOR ALL OF YOU:

AT THIS TIME ISAAC I BLESS YOU TO KNOW THAT YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE TO SUPPORT AND GUIDE YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE.
I ALSO GIVE YOU A BLESSING OF STRENGTH. THE PHYSICAL STRENGTH TO CLIMB ANY MOUNTAIN. THE MENTAL STRENGTH TO CONCUR ANY CHALLENGE AND THE SPIRITUAL STRENGTH TO ENDURE THROUGH ANY ADVERSITY. I BLESS YOU WITH AN OPEN HEART TO SERVE THE LORD BY SERVING A MISSION AND MAGNIFYING ANY CALLING THAT IS EXTENDED TO YOU LEADING YOU TO A GREATER RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR SAVIOR. THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE I PRAY THAT YOU WILL BECOME A LEADER STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS AND IN WHO YOU ARE AND THAT OTHERS WILL BE DRAWN TO YOU, THAT YOU MAY INFLUENCE THERE LIVES FOR GOOD. I BLESS YOU THAT WITH THESE STRENGTHS AND ABILITIES IT WILL PREPARE YOU FOR YOUR GREATEST ADVENTURE IN LIFE, BECOMING A HUSBAND AND FATHER. PASSING ON THE PRIESTHOOD AND THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR SAVIOR.

IT WAS AN INCREDIBLE THING TO WATCH DAVID BLESS OUR SON. ANOTHER REMINDER OF ALL THE WONDERFUL GIFTS OUR LITTLE FAMILY HAS BEEN GIVEN.

10 comments:

Payne Family said...

Ok let me wipe away the tears so I can type. First of all he is so dang cute I can hardly stand it. And second of all Terra, you look absolutely beautiful. And third of all David, that blessing was perfect. You guys are going to be awesome parents. Issac is one lucky little guy. Terra- I can't believe that after all these years of being close that when you finally get married and have your family I am no where near you. It really breaks my heart but I am so happy for you. You deserve it. You waited for the best and you got it.
Love,
Jen

Kikibug said...

That is the sweetest blessing. I appriciate the spirit that it brought. He is BEAUTIFUL!! I just want to kiss him and squeeze him.I am so happy to see you so happy!! You look beautiful!! Are you sure you just had a baby?

April said...

They were both sooo cute last Sunday! When Robby blessed both of our boys it was one of my favorite days ever!! See you Sunday!
April

Payne Family said...

Dave, That had to be rehearsed!! That blessing was TOO good...Perfect even! Good job my man! You are a stud. And Terra, you are looking so good. Must be something in the water up there. Anyway, Jennifer got it right on...You guys are going to be great parents!

I don't know if you are planning on more kids, but you will have trouble making a baby much cuter than Isaac. That little boy is probably the best looking baby I've seen! (Sorry if i know anyone reading this!)

Later dudes!
G.

Stephen and Effie said...

Pretty dang amazing guys! Would have given my left leg to be there! You have a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing the blessing with us. Isaac is one lucky little boy to have you two for parents.
Love you all,
Widdowson Bear Family

Tobler Bunch said...

So, you looked like a hot mom on Sunday, loved the hair and the shoes. That baby is gorgeous, needless to say, you already know that!! But, of course mine are more beautiful! Anyhow, let's get off our high horses shall we? I was excited to see him blessed on Sunday. It was a special weekend for the both of us. See ya Sunday!

hillarie said...

Congratulations, Terra! These are the FIRST pictures I've seen! What a cute boy! Maybe we'll get to meet him this summer when we visit........
Can't WAIT to get out of Oklahoma!

hillarie said...

Sorry---- that was a BEAutiful blessing, David! Here's hoping we get to meet you too!

Mindy Widdowson said...

What's the matter is your keyboard broken!? Updates are good!
Love you guys,
Mind'

Rebecca Pierce said...

Terra...Rebecca Hamm Pierce here. HOW ARE YOU? I was soooooooo bummed that I didn't know about your shower so I could invite myself. I heard all the old girls from the hood where there and I would have loved to see you. Congrats on your marriage and your little guy. You are beautiful, he's a doll and I'm so glad you are so happy!