Tuesday, May 6, 2008

DELIVERY DAY



THE DAY BEGAN AT 4 AM WHEN MY WATER BROKE, WHICH I HAVE TO SAY IS REALLY GROSS IT JUST KEPT COMING AND COMING, YUCK!! UNFORTUNATELY WE WEREN'T EXACTLY PREPARED (SURPRISE, SURPRISE) SO WHILE DAVID GOT THE NEW CAR SEAT OUT OF BOX, I WAS PUTTING MY BAG TOGETHER AND CLEANING THE HOUSE. THE HOSPITAL CALLED AND SAID THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BEST FOR US TO START HEADING THAT DIRECTION. WE ARRIVED AT THE HOSPITAL AT 7 AM AND AFTER 14 HOURS OF LABOR THE DOCTOR SAID WE WOULD HAVE TO DO A C-SECTION. I WAS REALLY NERVOUS, BUT AFTER THEY PULLED OUT ISAAC THEY FOUND A KNOT IN HIS AMBILICAL CORD. IT WAS TRULY A BLESSING AND NOW WE HAVE A HEALTHY BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY. DAVID WAS AN AMAZING FATHER IN THE HOSPITAL, HE CHANGED EVERY DIAPER AND MADE SURE I WAS ALWAYS CONFORTABLE. I ENDED UP HAVING COMPLICATIONS AND HAD TO GO BACK FOR A SECOND SURGERY WICH LEFT ME WITH AN OPEN WOUND. NURSES CAME TO THE HOUSE FOR THE FIRST COUPLE WEEKS TO CHANGE THE BANDAGE, BUT THEN IT WAS DAVIDS TURN. AGAIN MY HUSBAND WAS A ROCKSTAR AND NEVER COMPLAINED. MY DOCTOR SAID I HAD CHOSEN WISELY. I AM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I AM ALMOST HEALED AND CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO BE FINISHED!

4 comments:

Payne Family said...

Terra-
First of all I have to say 14 hours! Don't even talk to me until you have hit 36! But I did not have to have an open wound, so I guess we might be even. Nope, forget that when you add on the 8 months of throwing up 12 times a day, and 4-6 weeks of forced bed rest, I DEFINITELY win! Better luck next time. By the way, when will that be?
Jen

Kikibug said...

Hey, that isn't a fun first child experience. Good news is that the second might go much better. Mine did! You sound like a trooper though!! Just like to you to be so strong!
OHHH, did I say CONGRATULATIONS on the beautiful guy? He is SO cute. We need to get in touch I would love to talk to you. Is your number the same?

sgwinfrey said...

Hey girl, it's Gwartney from TS, just wanted to say congratulations on Isaac. You did a great job cause he is so cute!(the baby and the husband) Stop by and visit my blog anytime. See ya!

Chelsie said...

Well Terra, you guys sure make an adorable chitlan. If I had to choose between you and Jens experiences...Sorry Jen but I would have to say that Terra takes the cake...I would much rather throw up for the rest of my life than have the open wound...excruciating. But she is a close second Terra. But, lets not make this a competition. Great Job guys!!! Congrats!